Marketing Agronomist – Horticulture
Okanagan Valley, BC
Are you passionate about innovative and environmentally sustainable agronomy? Are you driven to help clients produce the best quality, most profitable crops possible? Would you like to join the industry leading team with a sales career focused focus on a specialized, technologically driven market?
If so, a career in horticulture agronomy with Okanagan Fertilizer is the perfect fit.
We take pride in strong relationships with our clients, based on core values of innovation, integrity and mutual success. We recognize that our team members are critical to our success and we support them in achieving their professional and personal objectives. 2017 happens to be our 40th year as an independentlyowned family business – we’re planning to be here for years to come!
Working within BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, the Horticulture Marketing Agronomist will lead crop input sales to the growing wine grape, tree fruit and specialty horticulture sectors. You will demonstrate the unique value of our proprietary and specialty fertilizers and play a leading role in the evolution of new products. You will develop industry leading agronomic expertise, focusing on prescription fertility as well as disease and pest management solutions.
Key responsibilities include;
- Increasing sales to new and existing customers by demonstrating our unique value proposition.
- Collaborating with the sales supervisor to establish sales and marketing objectives.
- Meeting with clients on a daily basis to promote our products and to secure purchases.
- Providing attentive and courteous customer service with a willingness to assist clients in a timely manner.
- Planning client crop input programs in the fall and winter in order to execute spring orders efficiently.
- Developing industry leading expertise in the areas of plant and soil fertility as well as pest and disease management.
- Conducting on-site agronomic services, including soil sampling, plant tissue sampling and crop scouting.
- Representing Okanagan Fertilizer at grower meetings, trade shows, and industry and community events.
Key qualifications include:
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently, particularly when outside of the office.
- Strong desire to pursue and close sales in a competitive environment. Past experience in sales will be helpful.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as a professional business demeanor.
- Willingness adapt to a rapidly changing and sometimes hectic work environment.
- A degree or diploma in agriculture, horticulture or a related field is preferred.
- Eager to use business system software, computers and electronic devices as sales and organizational tools.
Compensation for this position will be a combination of salary and sales commission. The position includes vehicle allowance and extended health and dental.
Please send your resume to Ken Clancy, President by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
153 Mile Fertilizer
Williams Lake, BC